GREENVILLE (AP) — Prosecutors say 11 juveniles have accepted a plea deal in a beating death in Greenville earlier this year.
Prosecutor Walt Wilkins said Wednesday the youngsters pleaded guilty to second-degree assault and battery by a mob.
Twenty-year-old De’Bron Aldrick Harrison was found beaten outside a church on April 20.
Wilkins says the juveniles have been sentenced to an indefinite period up to age 21 with the South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice.
He says six adults have been charged with first-degree assault and battery by a mob and are awaiting trial. They face up to life in prison if they are convicted.
Wilkins says the attack appeared to be spontaneous. Police say Harrison had been at a birthday party with friends when a fight occurred.